Bread Making With A Bread Machine- The purpose of this page is to help you weigh the benefits of making your own bread. Although it may not be for everyone, I believe that the health benefits and the cost savings outweigh the convenience factor of buying bread from a store. Can you really save money by bread making with a bread machine? Absolutely, but there are many variables to consider. Some people will want to study everything and other folks will want to just get a general idea. I am somewhere in the middle. The purpose of the bread price calculator is not to necessarily calculate an exact number, but to help you decide if buying a bread machine is worth it for you.
Other considerations in your evaluation of “to buy or not to buy” may be:
- The taste of homemade bread vs. bought. For example there is an appealing reward when you make something yourself; Can’t find your favourite bread at the store? One advantage is with a bread machine you never have to worry about not finding your favourite loaf of bread; Going to a dinner party and wondering what to bring? Fresh cinnamon bread maybe? Another small savings so you do not have to buy it and your host will appreciate a personal gift for dinner.
- You can save further by purchasing your yeast and flour in bulk or even making your own yeast if you are really keen.
- If you enjoy baking other things like cinnamon rolls, pizza dough, and fresh rolls then you will save even more money by using your bread machine instead of buying it at a store.
- Some people will argue that it is too much work to make bread, but consider this – If you are even a bit organized with your kitchen It only takes about five minutes to measure your ingredients and simply press start on your machine. Cleanup for a bread machine is also a minimal amount of work.
- One of the strongest considerations for baking your own bread is the health benefits. Store bought bread is laden with additives and preservatives. Eating these ingredients over a lifetime does not seem very appealing.
- All loaves are not created equal – there are many types of bread you can make in your bread machine and some will cost more than others.
- The Bread Saving Calculator below pre-populates some variables with default values in case you don’t want to calculate these yourself. The default values will populate in the fields when the Reset button is clicked.
- Note: the depreciation factor of bread machines and the energy costs for cleaning your bread equipment are not included in the calculations.
- All in all, for myself, the cost savings is a nice benefit of making my own bread, but it is the taste, the quality and the health considerations that are the primary reasons for purchasing a bread machine.