How To Make Dough
Using a bread machine to prepare dough will give you an opportunity to make various recipes such as bread machine pizza dough and cinnamon rolls. While making your dough, you can try cutting and folding it into different shapes and forms, in order to make a number of delicious homemade recipes.
The best thing about bread machines is that they make the process extremely easy and convenient, thereby needing minimum effort on your part. Also, the bread machine will have a”dough setting,” which is usually visible on the machine. Moreover, once you have learned how to prepare a basic dough recipe, you can add different herbs, flavours, and ingredients like cornmeal and oats for texture.
Following is a step-by-step approach on how to make bread dough using a bread machine:
- Add all the ingredients as per the specific requirements of the recipe.
- Add all the ingredients to the bread machine
- Switch on the bread machine while keeping it to the dough setting. New machines generally include this feature, even though some of them may refer it as the manual setting. If you are unable to find this setting, you can check into the user’s manual.
- Keep an eye on the dough for the entire cycle. If it gets too dry, add 1 teaspoon of hot water. If it looks too moist, add 1 tsp of flour at a time. Make sure that you do not end up adding too much water or flour, as it would disturb the balance between the two of them.
- After the cycle has completed, take out dough from the machine and place it in a well-floured area to start work on the dough.
- Act upon the baking instructions by following the bread recipe for the type of bread you are making.